Chelsea Tutorials is a ministry of Grace Presbyterian Church, PCA, in Chelsea, Alabama. We provide classes for the homeschooled student in a tutorial structure. We believe in a true Christian education and seek to have biblically integrated classes where students are exposed to material from a biblical worldview.
Tutorial classes will be offered for approximately 16 weeks per semester. The course description prepared by the independent faculty will state the credit value (for high school level classes) and the level of homework associated with the course. Classes are taught by area professionals who are known by members of Grace Presbyterian Church, PCA, and participants in CT.
A variety of classes are available for students from 3rd grade through the 12th grade. Many classes are multi-age classes. Please read the course description carefully to determine if a class is appropriate for your student.
Withdrawal from Class
Please prayerfully consider your child’s enrollment. Enrollment in a Chelsea Tutorials’ class is a year-long commitment, and parents are obligated to pay for the class for the entire year. Exceptions to this policy are death of a parent, moving more than 30 miles away, or parental unemployment. No exceptions are given for the following reasons: child has too many activities, child has re-enrolled in school or child is tired of class(es).
Please drop off and pick up your children promptly. We do not have before-class or after-class supervision available.
All classes will be held in Chelsea, AL, at a location TBD.
The annual facility/administration fee is $30 per student per class. Administrative fees will not exceed $180 per family. This fee is payable to Grace Presbyterian Church, PCA, on the first day of class.
Our classes are scheduled such that 2 adults are present at most times when classes are scheduled.
Please register for classes by June 30th. Students registering after that date will be charged a $35 late registration fee. Classes not meeting the minimum enrollment by this date may be cancelled by the instructor. Registration fees will be refunded if a class is canceled.
Chelsea Tutorials will follow the Shelby County school system in the area of weather related closings. Tutorial classes may also be canceled, delayed or rescheduled by the instructor due to weather concerns.
Questions regarding a specific class should be addressed to the instructor as listed on the specific class description. Questions regarding Chelsea Tutorials in general may be addressed to Monica McDaniel at 205-937-1423 or email@example.com.
Other Area Programs
Other sources of information regarding activities in the Birmingham area:
- Birmingham Homeschoolers Community – http://birminghamhomeschoolers.com
If our program does not meet the needs of your family, we encourage you to investigate other area tutorial and co-op programs:
- Charger Academy – Meets at Bethel Baptist Church, Columbiana – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Called for a Purpose (CAP) – Meets at First Baptist Church of Helena each Tuesday. Contact Gwen Hood – email@example.com.
- Classical Conversations (various locations in the Birmingham area) – www.classicalconversations.com
- Cornerstone Cooperative – Meets at Lamb of God Church, Helena – Contact Mitzi Howard – cornerstonecooperative.blogspot.com
- Evangel Christian School, at ECS in Alabaster – Contact Sandy Snuggs – www.evangelhomeschool.org
- Excelsior (located in Mountain Brook) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church at Brook Hills – https://www.homeschool-life.com/1882/index_public
If you wish to add your program to this list, please contact Monica McDaniel at email@example.com.